Google vs DuckDuckgo
by astute - October 28, 2020 at 10:13 AM
Agreed, not a fan of duckduckgo result finding apart from it's attitude to privacy.
Yes, same for me... Google is really god for searching everything I want. Never get this kind of result with DuckDuckGo or another (with more privacy respect).
(October 29, 2020 at 05:54 PM)HassaMassa Wrote:
(October 29, 2020 at 05:50 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote: I only use bing coz it gives me MS reward points that pay for my Xbox live.

I wasn't even aware that this was a thing.

Yeah, browsing and using the search engine daily nets you Microsoft points that give you benefits, like paying for Xbox Live, Game Pass, Entering sweep stakes and other such things
Duckduckgo all the way even though I'm using Qwant for privacy! Google gets too much data...
I use duckduckgo 100% of the time, almost all the stuff im searching for can be found with DDG, and i like their bang feature, like !aw will search archwiki for help.
https://duckduckgo.com/bang for a list of bangs.
DDG may be privacy-focused but its search results are not even near to Google's. As for dorks for DDG I am not aware of any.
(October 30, 2020 at 01:06 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:
(October 29, 2020 at 05:50 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote: I only use bing coz it gives me MS reward points that pay for my Xbox live.

Yeah, browsing and using the search engine daily nets you Microsoft points that give you benefits, like paying for Xbox Live, Game Pass, Entering sweep stakes and other such things

Ah right. I honestly probably wouldn't actually use it, but at least it's points that can actually be used for something instead of a number for boasting rights.
(November 02, 2020 at 02:49 PM)HassaMassa Wrote:

Ah right. I honestly probably wouldn't actually use it, but at least it's points that can actually be used for something instead of a number for boasting rights.

Tbh, I only use it coz I'm using the new Chromium built Edge that MS pushed out, (which is good!) so obviously you sign it with your MS account and bing is everywhere, only realised about 2 months ago what the number next to my avatar meant, so i bought Game Pass lol
google is a monopoly, change my mind
Google.

I definitely value my security but I can't stand duckduckgo's weak searches and lack of personalization.
(November 02, 2020 at 03:06 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:

Tbh, I only use it coz I'm using the new Chromium built Edge that MS pushed out, (which is good!) so obviously you sign it with your MS account and bing is everywhere, only realised about 2 months ago what the number next to my avatar meant, so i bought Game Pass lol

Oooh that's bold, using an MS browser. I just can't imagine a reality where it's decent, too many nightmares of Internet Explorer before and after 2000. But glad it's working out for you.
(November 05, 2020 at 03:27 PM)HassaMassa Wrote:
(November 02, 2020 at 03:06 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:
(October 29, 2020 at 05:54 PM)HassaMassa Wrote: I wasn't even aware that this was a thing.

Oooh that's bold, using an MS browser. I just can't imagine a reality where it's decent, too many nightmares of Internet Explorer before and after 2000. But glad it's working out for you.

It's just chrome but you log into your MS account instead of your google account. Plus it rewards you with points i use on Xbox.