Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Google is going to introduce an ad blocker for Chrome
Who will use this? There are so many ad blocker extensions out there that block EVERY ad..
Furthermore, Chrome is becoming shit (asking too much RAM, slow..)
I don't really understand this, Google has every incentive for ads to continue existing, it's basically their core business even today. I'd wager this is going to be a pretty subpar ad blocker as a result...
quite ironic since google is an advertiser itself. appearantly they want to shut down their competitors.
i just hope that i can continue wacthing my anime  Angel Smile
There was some tech last year that did something along these lines which it would actually use AI to detect ads on the page (basically it did not need to track ads by links or properties), it would know that an element on the page was an ad based on some algorithm and things it would check with the plugin's AI code and remove it from the page if it was found to be an ad. It was sick.

EDIT: Here it is https://iotforall.com/best-adblocker-art...block-ads/
Interesting to know this, however lets see if people will like it.
But I already have uBlock Origin.
quite skeptical abt how this is going to work since it is done selectively. will they just censor ads that are not in their favor... Rolleyes
Like the article in the OP says,,, it only blocks ads which don't meet Google's cirteria,,, which means all of Google's ads will be shown and some ads from other networks
hmm.......its like they will only show ads from adsense
hope they do i fucking hate website ads
Wow. This will be so tough for business that rely on ads monetization... need to find new models for these stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Stored G Suite Users' Passwords in Plain-Text for 14 Years HSGM 0 71 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Last Post: HSGM
  Facebook, Instagram , WhatsApp , Google's Gmail and Drive suffer global outages micko05 1 248 03-28-2019, 01:23 AM
Last Post: newuser37
  Full sandbox escape in Google Chrome geshem 1 187 03-09-2019, 04:19 AM
Last Post: rf6686rf
  Google's New Tool Alerts When You Use Compromised Credentials On Any Site ALo 6 409 02-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: meggiescouldm
  Google+ hit by second API bug impacting 52.5 million users umerkhan 7 431 12-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Last Post: eagile