Fitness myths
by SeoYong - November 24, 2021 at 03:42 PM
Heey  Shy  

I am interested in fitness, sports and nutrition. 
What are the funniest and silliest myths you've heard in this context?  Lightbulb  Huh

An example would be not to extend your knees past your feet when doing squats or or that calories after 6 pm make you fat.  Biggrin

I would appreciate to read some funny comments.   

Angel
If someone tells you that semen can cure a skin condition, they are not your friend.
(November 24, 2021 at 03:42 PM)SeoYong Wrote: Heey  Shy  

What are the funniest and silliest myths you've heard in this context?  Lightbulb  Huh

An example would be not to extend your knees past your feet when doing squats or or that calories after 6 pm make you fat.  Biggrin

Angel
I recall someone telling me that if you don't consume protein powder AFTER the workout and not before, you won't gain anything from the workout.
(November 29, 2021 at 08:26 AM)AgainstTheWest Wrote:

Angel
I recall someone telling me that if you don't consume protein powder AFTER the workout and not before, you won't gain anything from the workout.

Mankind is really fucked up  Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Oh, someone told me that all the carbs are the reason I can't lose weight, and I was so confused because all the veggies and fruits consist of it. I think it was the worst one. Also, when I learned about Morning Complete coupon and started taking this supplement, my friend told me that it was useless, but thanks to this supplement, I managed to lose weight way faster than him. But I can't say that it was a silly myth, he just didn't believe in supplements, and that's it.
almost forgotten: fat can be reduced in a targeted manner :-D
(November 29, 2021 at 08:26 AM)AgainstTheWest Wrote:

Angel

Apaprently if you consume protein with low carbs and no insulin spike after a workout, the protein doesn't go through the amino acid pool & instead tries to restore your bodies sugar levels.
That you *have* to take protein powder or you won't gain anything from your workout.
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: self ban
(December 03, 2021 at 04:43 PM)Minori Wrote: That you *have* to take protein powder or you won't gain anything from your workout.

Its the same as with every supplement.. Fist of all you need to train hard, eat clean and enough of sleep. then you can think about supplements and timing