Find someone's phone number
by a54b9zh7vg - January 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM
Hello all,

I hesitated between posting this here or on the doxing section but since it is a question and not a tutorial, I decided to post my question here. Sorry if you believe it is misplaced.

Here's my problem. I'm trying to find someone's mobile phone number. I believe that I have found it but depending on the websites I use, I have some contradictory results.
For example, whitepages and some other reverse-phone number-lookup websites either have no results or tell me that the number belongs to someone else. I don't know how accurate they are...
However, I have found the gmail address of the person and I tried to sign in with the phone number pretending to have forgotten my password to check if the phone number was linked to this mail address. Gmail then asked me the name linked to this phone number. I purposefully entered an incorrect name to see how Gmail would react. It said that it wasn't the correct name. So I typed in the name of the person I'm looking for and it was accepted. This leads me to believe that I have the correct phone number despite what whitepages and other websites say...

However, I would like a confirmation. I know that this person has an instagram account linked to their phone. So I tried to store the phone number in my contacts and linked them to an instagram account but it didn't show me any suggestions based on my contacts...

Do any of you have an idea about how I could confirm that the phone number I have found belongs to this person (for free if possible and without letting them know it's me) ?
(January 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM)a54b9zh7vg Wrote: Do any of you have an idea about how I could confirm that the phone number I have found belongs to this person (for free if possible and without letting them know it's me) ?

Umm why not call from a different number like skype and ask? If thats too expensive then have your mate call from their phone.
(January 17, 2020 at 01:14 PM)geshem Wrote:
(January 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM)a54b9zh7vg Wrote: Do any of you have an idea about how I could confirm that the phone number I have found belongs to this person (for free if possible and without letting them know it's me) ?

Umm why not call from a different number like skype and ask? If thats too expensive then have your mate call from their phone.

Well, I did call with several other phones but nobody answered and they didn't call back. Maybe this person does not answer if they don't know the phone number (I do this as well). Plus, the person doesn't have a message on their voicemail like "Hello this is John Doe, I'm not available but...". There's only the "lady" from the mobile operator who asks to leave a message and then repeats the phone number.
(January 17, 2020 at 02:13 PM)a54b9zh7vg Wrote: [
Well, I did call with several other phones but nobody answered and they didn't call back. Maybe this person does not answer if they don't know the phone number (I do this as well). Plus, the person doesn't have a message on their voicemail like "Hello this is John Doe, I'm not available but...". There's only the "lady" from the mobile operator who asks to leave a message and then repeats the phone number.

Not that this is foolproof, but do apps like truecaller confirm the number is accurate?
(January 20, 2020 at 04:57 PM)geshem Wrote:

Not that this is foolproof, but do apps like truecaller confirm the number is accurate?

Truecaller does not provide any name for that number but Gmail seems to confirm it.
(January 21, 2020 at 11:43 AM)a54b9zh7vg Wrote:
(January 20, 2020 at 04:57 PM)geshem Wrote:

Truecaller does not provide any name for that number but Gmail seems to confirm it.

FWIW there are a bunch of other caller ID apps like whoscall, showcaller, hiya, callapp and mr. number that could be useful as well

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
A site to find a password ? jvalgean 4 433 December 01, 2019 at 07:00 PM
Last Post: jvalgean
Detect if someone is Lying utterabusive 2 587 January 29, 2019 at 01:20 PM
Last Post: Beowyf
Need someone to help crack/patch Geek Squad MRI ISO's streetspeed10 6 760 January 26, 2019 at 03:21 AM
Last Post: streetspeed10