Easier: Piano or Guitar
by kuyaya - April 29, 2021 at 11:38 AM
People who've played both (at a good level): Is guitar or piano easier to learn?
I've played piano since I was 5 years old and I've been playing guitar for 15 years straight, almost daily.

Piano is easier to learn in the beginning. You literally just have to press the keys down and the notes are all in order next to each other.

With guitar, you have to control the strings from unwanted vibrations and it can be a pain for beginners to fret chords down and have them ring clearly. It's just trickier overall to get the guitar to sound good when starting out.

Either way, like any instrument it's going to be hard to learn regardless but the rewards are so worth it if you keep it up continuously. My advice is to pick the instrument you feel you resonate the most with and not based on which is easier to learn.
thanks for the detailed reply. I played the piano for ~10 years, haven't touched a guitar in my entire life tho. I'm just wondering about the experience of people who've played both, as they're really different instruments.
I just sometimes get jealous of guitar players because they can carry their instrument wherever they want, unlike piano players.
Once you learn 1, the theory can at least apply to both.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Do you know how to play piano? lionelvidal 10 659 April 17, 2021 at 01:27 PM
Last Post: mbt_pashata
Guitar Hero and Rhythm Games. HerbertTew 1 730 November 13, 2018 at 05:39 AM
Last Post: BoringApe