Do you use a VPN? Which one?
by Sueggy - December 17, 2018 at 07:50 PM
So I'm interested if people use VPNs and if so, which ones. Last week I decided that I need to get one. Did some research and right now I'm thinking between Surfshark, Vypr, TunnelBear.
You need one that doesnt log your information when connecting to the server because that can lead back to you I suggest OpenVPN or Express im not sure if vypr or anyone log but I know OpenVPN and Express dont.
Nord Vpn.
I use Nord for my day to day live, but honestly I don't really do much anyway so there have been times where I tried a couple different ones, still couldn't find one as good as nord
Express VPN, to browse at work
Seems like a lot of Nord users over here.

Did anybody try TunnelBear or Surfshark? Currently deciding between these 2. Tunnelbear is free, but I saw Surfshark listed as this year's best newcomer in a few different review sites and the price is really cheap ATM, only $1.99/month.
(December 18, 2018 at 01:42 PM)Sueggy Wrote: Seems like a lot of Nord users over here.

Did anybody try TunnelBear or Surfshark? Currently deciding between these 2. Tunnelbear is free, but I saw Surfshark listed as this year's best newcomer in a few different review sites and the price is really cheap ATM, only $1.99/month.

Yup, Surfshark made the grand entrance this year. It has been rated highly by various articles, you can check some good
VPN deals here,

https://medium.com/@valderbrown/safe-and-secure-christmas-best-vpn-deals-for-privacy-protection-8374f550c793

where Surfshark has been put on top. It still lacks a Linux app (you need to set up manually on Linux), but all other major platforms are covered.

TunnelBear is an older and well-known VPN, but did you notice that their free version limits you to only 500MB? And from what I see paid subscription costs more for 1 year than Surfsharks for 2 years. 

BTW, while on Surfshark payment page check the "donate" option, for this Christmas they donate some of their sales to Surfrider Foundation to help clean up the oceans. What will you be using a VPN mostly for?
(December 18, 2018 at 02:44 PM)craydoor Wrote: Yup, Surfshark made the grand entrance this year. It has been rated highly by various articles, you can check some good
VPN deals here,

https://medium.com/@valderbrown/safe-and-secure-christmas-best-vpn-deals-for-privacy-protection-8374f550c793

where Surfshark has been put on top. It still lacks a Linux app (you need to set up manually on Linux), but all other major platforms are covered.

TunnelBear is an older and well-known VPN, but did you notice that their free version limits you to only 500MB? And from what I see paid subscription costs more for 1 year than Surfsharks for 2 years. 

BTW, while on Surfshark payment page check the "donate" option, for this Christmas they donate some of their sales to Surfrider Foundation to help clean up the oceans. What will you be using a VPN mostly for?

Thanks for your insight, didn't know a thing about tunnelbear limit. I'm not using Linux, so it doesn't affect me at all.

Mostly my vpn usage will consist of watching USA Netflix content and p2p. 

I have to give it to you, you sold me on surfshark. Going to do some research beforehand about that Christmas deal you mentioned.
(December 18, 2018 at 03:22 PM)Sueggy Wrote: I have to give it to you, you sold me on surfshark. Going to do some research beforehand about that Christmas deal you mentioned.

NP, it's always best to research and make up your own mind. Can confirm Surfshark works well for USA Netflix and supports p2p so torrent friendly. They announced their Christmas deal about a week ago, here's a direct link https://surfshark.com/christmas?coupon=sharkxmas Try it for yourself, there's 30 days money back guarantee if there's something you don't like.
Hoxx VPN. free too!!
Any vendor that:

- Puts privacy first
- Keeps no logs
- Gives authorities the middle finger
- Doesn't leak DNS or WebRTC
- Free/Reasonably cheap
- Isn't so slow that using Tor would be faster
I've never felt the need to use a VPN but I can understand why some people might. Honestly think it tends to increase security against hackers, but decrease security against governments.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What antivirus do you guys use? lambasoft 23 385 57 minutes ago
Last Post: dr3d0
Why do we use paper money? moot 7 96 1 hour ago
Last Post: dr3d0
which search engine you guys use ? xD1ous77 65 1,980 January 17, 2020 at 04:34 PM
Last Post: xam