Digital Art, Image Editing, GFX and Selling Artwork
by Strat0S - November 07, 2015 at 01:06 AM
Photo 
Hey there. Recently, I've been looking into buying a graphics tablet to aid me in producing digital art.  I am also very keen to learn how selling artwork online works and further possibilities regarding an Image editing/ GFX service. I would like to hear your thoughts/ recommendations on: 

-What graphics tablet (Make and model) I should buy

-Where I should sell digital art

-How to protect my art from plagiarism

-Best Programs for image editing/ drawing/ GFX

if your good you can sell your art to youtubers twitch streamers etc.
It would depend what kind of graphics tablet your looking for some of them have screens built in and some don't if you're looking for one without a screen then a wacom tablet (Intuos pro) is fairly good and reliable.
To protect from plagiarism when selling artwork the best thing I can think of is to do what stock photo companies do and have watermarks on anything that is being showcased.
Sounds cringy, but you can sell your art work on deviant art
(November 07, 2015 at 05:06 PM)hazcher Wrote: It would depend what kind of graphics tablet your looking for some of them have screens built in and some don't if you're looking for one without a screen then a wacom tablet (Intuos pro) is fairly good and reliable.
To protect from plagiarism when selling artwork the best thing I can think of is to do what stock photo companies do and have watermarks on anything that is being showcased.

Yep. I'm definitely going to get one without an screen. Thanks for the advice.
(November 07, 2015 at 08:48 PM)Merely Wrote: Sounds cringy, but you can sell your art work on deviant art

Really? Huh... I'll look into that. Thanks.
1. A good tablet would be a wacom obviously, popular and very good brand. I own one.
2. You can find websites that do art and just sell them there, also people are always looking to have gfx done. You'll probably have to do some free stuff before you can start making any actual money on it. Also start your prices low if your looking to sell stuff, then bring your prices higher once you get better and more popular.
3. Add a signature or a small watermark on the image/art to prevent from some sort of plagiarism, basically anything that makes your image says that it's your image. Flatten your images on photoshop as well so people can't mess with anything.
4. Photoshop and illustrator are both great, illustrator is great for drawing and photoshop is good for gfx/editing. Both can be picked up via cracked versions.
(November 07, 2015 at 09:04 PM)Gazymus Wrote: 1. A good tablet would be a wacom obviously, popular and very good brand. I own one.
2. You can find websites that do art and just sell them there, also people are always looking to have gfx done. You'll probably have to do some free stuff before you can start making any actual money on it. Also start your prices low if your looking to sell stuff, then bring your prices higher once you get better and more popular.
3. Add a signature or a small watermark on the image/art to prevent from some sort of plagiarism, basically anything that makes your image says that it's your image. Flatten your images on photoshop as well so people can't mess with anything.
4. Photoshop and illustrator are both great, illustrator is great for drawing and photoshop is good for gfx/editing. Both can be picked up via cracked versions.

Alright, Wacom it is. Thank you very much Gaz.
Can you create a gif signature?
(November 07, 2015 at 09:40 PM)Orion Wrote: Can you create a gif signature?

Probably, but someone can easily pick a frame and edit it out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
RF title image competition.... NaughtyHawty 1 131 June 25, 2019 at 04:21 PM
Last Post: ChunkButter
Paket editing nsaspy 3 297 April 12, 2019 at 03:32 PM
Last Post: wraxu
Digital Gangster Cloroform 4 281 January 21, 2019 at 04:46 PM
Last Post: Cloroform