Compare results from haveibeenpwned / RaidForums
by ipanax - November 14, 2019 at 10:41 AM
Hi,

I tried to compare some results haveibeenpwned / raidforums databases.
My example : Linkedin 2016 .

haveibeenpwned gave me positives while grep linkedin.txt from raidforums gave me nothing.
No explication from me . Any idea ?
Thanks for the info....
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: mass leeching
what password/email did u test? it can be that it wasn't in the linkedin one in the first place and in some other db
how many email did tht happen for??
I've had this happen from a few databases too. for example the myheritage.com one
You need the HIBP API V3 key and either provide an email or pass with the correct syntax, check there API documentation.
(November 18, 2019 at 01:07 AM)Bipolardysprosium Wrote: You need the HIBP API V3 key and either provide an email or pass with the correct syntax, check there API documentation.

Thanks but i didn't said that HIBP dont work. I said that the linkedin.txt from RF seems to be incomplete.
HIBP or other leaks websites / API give me positive results that i dont find in the leaks file from RF.
(November 14, 2019 at 10:41 AM)ipanax Wrote: Hi,

haveibeenpwned gave me positives while grep linkedin.txt from raidforums gave me nothing.

Have you tried comparing HIBP to the linkedin version from:
https://raidforums.com/Thread-LinkedIn-D...ginal-22GB

I'm curious if that version fills in the missing data
(November 18, 2019 at 09:21 AM)geshem Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 10:41 AM)ipanax Wrote: Hi,

Have you tried comparing HIBP to the linkedin version from:
https://raidforums.com/Thread-LinkedIn-D...ginal-22GB

I'm curious if that version fills in the missing data

Nope but i'm curious too. 
The file i was talking about come from the Offcial links.  I will try hard for 8 credits and will tell you . Thanks for your reply !
Happens ALL THE TIME, OP. That little fuck boy has a different version then what was publicly leaked. Rats send him all the stuff he has. A lot of the leaks that will be listed were only ever shared with him.
(November 18, 2019 at 10:03 AM)EPP Wrote: Happens ALL THE TIME, OP. That little fuck boy has a different version then what was publicly leaked. Rats send him all the stuff he has. A lot of the leaks that will be listed were only ever shared with him.

Smile I am even more curious now.
I tried the sames tests : from me results are exactly the same. HIBP databases seems to have some entries i didn't found. Otherwise it returns false positives.