Colonial Pipeline Company learned it was the victim of a cybersecurity attack
by 5t4rdu5t - May 10, 2021 at 05:04 AM
Colonial Pipeline is the largest refined products pipeline in the U.S., a 5,500 mile (8,851 km) system involved in transporting over 100 million gallons from the Texas city of Houston to New York Harbor.

Cybersecurity firm FireEye's Mandiant incident response division is said to be assisting with the investigation, according to reports from Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal, with the attack linked to a ransomware strain called DarkSide.

"We are engaged with Colonial and our interagency partners regarding the situation," the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) said. "This underscores the threat that ransomware poses to organizations regardless of size or sector. We encourage every organization to take action to strengthen their cybersecurity posture to reduce their exposure to these types of threats."
DarkSide = Another case of Russian state-backed cyber interference?
I heard it was a European attack. Will they get the money??
Ive read that they paid the 5mil but the decrypting was talking so long they reverted to their backups lol WTF !!
here more information related the attack https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/12/polit...index.html
This shit was crazy when I heard of it lol
now a big beef company called jbs just got hacked

still dont know how you can get ransomwared in 2021 lol
Seems these ransomware crews are liking Australia, but they hit the most random companies lol
DarkSide got the ransom and FBI take it back...
you would think a company would be able to stop ransomware smh
(May 14, 2021 at 01:57 PM)RazorKAZ Wrote: Ive read that they paid the 5mil but the decrypting was talking so long they reverted to their backups lol WTF !!

lol i wonder if they had to buy 5 mil in gift cards :O

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Papua new Gunea attack railworks 0 307 November 12, 2021 at 03:18 AM
Last Post: railworks
State Department offers $10M for information on Colonial Pipeline hackers 34585 2 490 November 06, 2021 at 12:13 AM
Last Post: KaBob
Iran Suspects Israel and US Behind Fuel Cyber Attack. JantCo 0 402 November 01, 2021 at 02:51 PM
Last Post: JantCo