Can You Be "Doxxed" By Someone By Simply Sending Them A Message On Telegram?
by joshuacaras - September 19, 2021 at 06:22 PM
Hey guys, I got a message from someone replying to me about a certain job and he asked me to give my telegram username, I didn't as I don't like to do that, but I went to one of his posts and he shared his telegram username there, so I decided to send him a message by simply saying hello.

After wards I noticed his posts were quite strange and spammy, which I reported to the mods btw.

I noticed his name was blank on Telegram and somewhere it said "doxxer"

I am wondering if this could be suspicious and if sending him a message could reveal anything about me. I deleted the message on both ends a few minutes after I sent it when I noticed something was not right.

So my question is, can I be Doxxed by that person by simply sending him a message on Telegram? That's if he got it that is?
@joshuacaras Telegram is NOT secure, you can send me your ID in private messages and make sure of it!
yeah if you use the same username everywhere or post information about your private life in public chat rooms
(September 20, 2021 at 12:27 AM)grangus Wrote: yeah if you use the same username everywhere or post information about your private life in public chat rooms

It's not like that, I wasn't on any public chatrooms and never have been, nor did I reveal any information to this person. I simply sent him a message saying hello and is he interested in my job, but I deleted the message about 5 mins after I sent it from both ends after seeing that he looked suspicious.

I was just curious if any info of mine can be extracted simply because I sent that message. Probably a silly question, but hackers can get your info so easily nowadays.

(September 19, 2021 at 11:42 PM)ForumRAID Wrote: @joshuacaras Telegram is NOT secure, you can send me your ID in private messages and make sure of it!

What do you mean my ID? Do you mean you want to know my TG username?

How come?
Depends what info you have in your telegram
(September 20, 2021 at 08:09 AM)proxied Wrote: Depends what info you have in your telegram
exactly. always use aliases. don't be foolish enough to put the real name ever, or your own picture
yeah if you use the same username everywhere or post information about your private life in public chat rooms
Probably changing the telegram setting to private, could make you feel less paranoid about getting doxed, until you act like a jerk and reveal everything.
If you dont use any personal data on telegram like real name or real photo you are gucci

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Message to ShoutBox Users Ringer 5 458 November 09, 2021 at 01:47 AM
Last Post: rgxcable
Jokes on them! ChunkButter 1 232 August 26, 2021 at 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sem
Message to Law enforcement Black-Beard 4 420 July 13, 2021 at 12:52 AM
Last Post: BatMadeMe345USD