CafePress (Partial / 500k Sample)
by cyrax - 07-12-2019, 03:11 AM
Official sample from the CafePress.com dump. 

The full list is 18m+. This is a 500k sample set. 

This data contains email, MD5 hashed password, and other random fields. Some of the entries have full name, address, city, state, zip. Most of the entries in this sample do NOT have those fields (but many do). 

Download Hidden Content
You must register or login to view this content.
hmm, not sure whats this md5 algo
What is up with the sample thing ? If I post any file, it is a whole file, even though it might be just one file out of numerous files. Why just a stripped down sample of a file ? I don't get it. Especially if there are no birthdays or SSN's in it, which add to the value of any file.
(07-12-2019, 05:07 AM)Crazyoldfart Wrote: What is up with the sample thing ? If I post any file, it is a whole file, even though it might be just one file out of numerous files. Why just a stripped down sample of a file ? I don't get it. Especially if there are no birthdays or SSN's in it, which add to the value of any file.
By posting full data of any set, with or without passwords effectively render them disclosed for public use completely, which infers that the data can be used by many people all wanting to earn a profit (leaks/spreading occurs). However by controlling how much gets exposed (in terms of the data) limits how much it can get raped, (only a small portion of the data remains exposed) and means that more profit (or chance of profit) remains within the few who have the full dataset, therefore maintaining the value of the full set of data.

And to your second point, some people don't care if there's birthdays or SSN's for example email:hash is probably more popular and sought for, since it has more utility and requires less of a niche to pursue compared to SSN's etc.

So to summarize, people dont post the full file to prevent it from being saturated and lose all its value.
how old this DB is ?
(07-12-2019, 08:58 AM)NSFW Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 05:07 AM)Crazyoldfart Wrote: What is up with the sample thing ? If I post any file, it is a whole file, even though it might be just one file out of numerous files. Why just a stripped down sample of a file ? I don't get it. Especially if there are no birthdays or SSN's in it, which add to the value of any file.
By posting full data of any set, with or without passwords effectively render them disclosed for public use completely, which infers that the data can be used by many people all wanting to earn a profit (leaks/spreading occurs). However by controlling how much gets exposed (in terms of the data) limits how much it can get raped, (only a small portion of the data remains exposed) and means that more profit (or chance of profit) remains within the few who have the full dataset, therefore maintaining the value of the full set of data.

And to your second point, some people don't care if there's birthdays or SSN's for example email:hash is probably more popular and sought for, since it has more utility and requires less of a niche to pursue compared to SSN's etc.

So to summarize, people dont post the full file to prevent it from being saturated and lose all its value.

Counter productive. 

People sit around claiming they have the full database to scam people and send out practically fake copies so it floods the market with bad material and kids full of bullshit that someone like you might want to buy or trade with.
(07-12-2019, 10:47 AM)STARTEXMISLEAD Wrote:

Counter productive. 

People sit around claiming they have the full database to scam people and send out practically fake copies so it floods the market with bad material and kids full of bullshit that someone like you might want to buy or trade with.
I don't really experience this problem since I don't buy or trade databases, but I do see this happening, however it still comes down to the argument of whether it's worth to keep the full database and all lines within it private for sale (therefore less likely to ever be posted fully here for a long time), or to receive 500k lines for everyone to use (which is arguably better than getting no lines for a long time).

Furthermore, I believe (for this scenario) that scamming is likely to not be much of a problem compared to how many people will benefit from it, I mean come on, maybe in the course of 1 or 2 months I realistically might expect 1-2 people to get scammed but that would be due to them trading/buying databases from unvetted people, and without countermeasures in place from getting scammed, such as without any form or escrow/MM. If this is how they are doing business we should expect to get scammed, whether its for data that has partially been exposed here or for data that is completely not seen before.

This same argument you've introduced can be applied to most people on the Database Trading And Selling thread, because people can ask for samples to data and most people would return with samples, which could be used as scamming, and likely to the same efficacy as the data introduced in this thread.

Thank you, that explains that. I just haven't gotten the hang of saving this type information, although I have tons of it stored away, just never found any use for it. I have a few files friends have sent me with IP's, emails, passwords & hashes, big files, but never looked at them, just stuck them in a file somewhere. At the time I thought they had names & addresses with them.
How to get full data 18M?
(07-12-2019, 11:58 AM)NSFW Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 10:47 AM)STARTEXMISLEAD Wrote:

Counter productive. 

I don't really experience this problem since I don't buy or trade databases, but I do see this happening, however it still comes down to the argument of whether it's worth to keep the full database and all lines within it private for sale (therefore less likely to ever be posted fully here for a long time), or to receive 500k lines for everyone to use (which is arguably better than getting no lines for a long time).

Furthermore, I believe (for this scenario) that scamming is likely to not be much of a problem compared to how many people will benefit from it, I mean come on, maybe in the course of 1 or 2 months I realistically might expect 1-2 people to get scammed  but that would be due to them trading/buying databases from unvetted  people, and without countermeasures in place from getting scammed, such as without any form or escrow/MM. If this is how they are doing business we should expect to get scammed, whether its for data that has partially been exposed here or for data that is completely not seen before.

This same argument you've introduced can be applied to most people on the Database Trading And Selling thread, because people can ask for samples to data and most people would return with samples, which could be used as scamming, and likely to the same efficacy as the data introduced in this thread.

I like you. 
You dont seem like a waste of time. 
You got any other form of contact away from RF?
ur serious, PMed you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Partial MGMResorts (MGM Grand) NSFW 19 737 07-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Last Post: coracola
cafepress dehashed ~493k Bobr 3 182 07-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Last Post: 2a45
[Partial] Onliner Spam Network Nominal 151 32,613 07-13-2019, 04:02 AM
Last Post: nsaspy