CBT´s Rule Request
by CBT - April 16, 2021 at 04:52 PM
Poll: Should asking for Accounts/Databases/Services in SB be a Bannable/Muteable Offense
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
76.92%
10 76.92%
No
23.08%
3 23.08%
* You voted for this item. Total 13 vote(s) 100%

Topic : Shoutbox
I would like to Request a Rule Change in whats allowed in Shoutbox.
Here are some Pictures:
If you looked and Read trough these Pictures you might have noticed, its people asking for Accounts/Databases/Services most of these accounts just have been created to ask for stuff like this, i want to Request that Begging for Accounts/Databases/Services becomes a Bannable/Muteable Offense, My idea was :
First Warn : Tell them to make a Thread in this and this Section
Second Warn : Mute 5+ Minutes
Third Warn : Ban for a Day or Two
Fourth Warn : Ban for a week or more
Fifth Warn : Perma Ban
Yes, this Request could use cleaner usage of words and or more Reasons but its a Great Start, i will post a Poll with it and Users on RF can choose wheter or not they like it.
Was kinda already doing this but nice of you to write this whole thing out, knowing I can’t read.
I'm okay with this! Let's make it an official rule.
I'm not sure if this will be moderated in time.
I can add my own option - ban new users from chatting in SF until they reach a certain level of posts or reputation.
Or just make a blacklist of words (banned for use).
I'm in favour.
Idk, i think asking for a developer or stuff like that should be allowed. But banning db requests? Sure!
this is a great idea there are too many skids posting in there about requests that they could search for
I'm in favor of the begging being banned and whatnot, but asking for availibily of data, or how to do various things like work with db's seems counterproductive to what a forum that focuses on dbs should be doing. Maybe staff should try to put a nice thread together for newcomers that sits at the top of the site since obviously the same questions get asked and same rules get broken, stop assuming the people who come on here are going to instantly know and follow RF rules. If you don't inform people don't be surprised when they do and ask stupid shit.
(April 16, 2021 at 06:59 PM)verking Wrote: I'm in favor of the begging being banned and whatnot, but asking for availibily of data, or how to do various things like work with db's seems counterproductive to what a forum that focuses on dbs should be doing. Maybe staff should try to put a nice thread together for newcomers that sits at the top of the site since obviously the same questions get asked and same rules get broken, stop assuming the people who come on here are going to instantly know and follow RF rules. If you don't inform people don't be surprised when they do and ask stupid shit.

but it will make other people learn, one gets banned or muted others will see that and assume of what he did wrong,
I totally agree, leechers are really annoying and should be muted or temp banned from sb for begging, but I somehow get the feeling that this is gonna create more problems than solve.
Im half and half on this issue if im being honest.
(April 16, 2021 at 07:06 PM)CBT Wrote:
(April 16, 2021 at 06:59 PM)verking Wrote: I'm in favor of the begging being banned and whatnot, but asking for availibily of data, or how to do various things like work with db's seems counterproductive to what a forum that focuses on dbs should be doing. Maybe staff should try to put a nice thread together for newcomers that sits at the top of the site since obviously the same questions get asked and same rules get broken, stop assuming the people who come on here are going to instantly know and follow RF rules. If you don't inform people don't be surprised when they do and ask stupid shit.

but it will make other people learn, one gets banned or muted others will see that and assume of what he did wrong,

I mean these people have been getting banned constantly forever and I'm not sure it's changed much. I still think making it clear the expectations of sb the community would resolve more of the issues rather than whack-a-mole but I do agree people should be banned/punished for this type of stuff as warning them over and over can be counterproductive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
CBT´s Random Ranting 2# CBT 43 1,398 April 19, 2021 at 10:45 PM
Last Post: master data
CBT´s Random Ranting 4# CBT 3 141 April 17, 2021 at 01:11 AM
Last Post: m0t0rbr34th
CBT´s Random Ranting 3# CBT 4 141 April 16, 2021 at 12:45 PM
Last Post: SunSinger-Adept