[British] Next Conservative leader
by jhp97kab - 05-25-2019, 11:22 PM
I don't know how many of you are British, but yesterday Prime Minister Theresa May announced she will resign on the 7th June. This means that the position of leader of the Conservative party (and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom) is up for grabs. 

Currently in the running are:

•  Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson -  Majority of the world actually believe he is a comedy sketch and not a real person. 
• Jeremy Hunt - Foreign Secretary, former health secretary - bit of a knob. 
• Dominic Raab - former Brexit Secretary.
• Andrea Leadson - recently resigned as leader of the house of commons. 
• Rory Stewart - International Development Secretary.
• Esther McVey - former Work and Pensions Secretary - probably responsible for hundreds of suicides the past few years. 
• Matt Hancock - Health Secretary. 

If you care, let me know what you think and who you reckon should be next!
Hey I don't know anything about those candidates but the Brexit issue has been very interesting.

It seems like UK is pretty divided as far as Brexit goes. Maybe I am wrong on that, but people I talk to from UK seem to feel that way. Most of them are annoyed that it is harder/more expensive to travel to other countries in Europe. It seems like a tough call as far as who the voters will choose because it seems pretty divided overall. Who are you liking in that line up?
(05-26-2019, 04:37 PM)haroldshafer70 Wrote: Hey I don't know anything about those candidates but the Brexit issue has been very interesting.

It seems like UK is pretty divided as far as Brexit goes. Maybe I am wrong on that, but people I talk to from UK seem to feel that way. Most of them are annoyed that it is harder/more expensive to travel to other countries in Europe. It seems like a tough call as far as who the voters will choose because it seems pretty divided overall. Who are you liking in that line up?

I'm a remainer so I would like whoever offers a softer Brexit with good trade deals. This is likely to be Hancock or Stewart. My least favourite are McVey and Johnson. 

Additionally, two other candidates have entered: 
Michael Gove - absolute nonce. 
Sajid Javid - Home sec, ex Banker. Would be the first muslim prime minister.
john oliver talked about this this week. pretty fantastic mini breakdown
I don't think Britain will leave the European Union.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
North Korean Leader is now in Beijing dikevin 3 519 04-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Berlusc0ni