British Airways fined $25 million over massive data breach
by davz - October 17, 2020 at 07:35 AM
Regulators fined British Airways more than $25 million Friday for allegedly bungling a massive data breach that affected more than 400,000 people.

The airline failed to implement security measures that could have prevented the June 2018 cyberattack that caused the breach, which potentially exposed the personal data of some 429,612 British Airways customers and staff, the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office said Friday...

The hacker who attacked British Airways may have had access to the names, addresses and credit card information for some 244,000 customers, regulators said. The attack may have also exposed usernames and passwords for the airline’s employee and administrator accounts along with usernames personal identification numbers for more than 600 “Executive Club” accounts, officials said.

British Airways could have taken several inexpensive steps to prevent the risk of such an attack, such as limiting access to applications and protecting accounts with “multi-factor authentication,” officials said.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/british-ai...ta-breach/
they can just use some of the money they refused to refund people to pay it....
very thank you are, very very
Well deserved when you can't protect your customers. I hope they won't file for bankruptcy citing pandemic.
(October 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM)karai Wrote: very thank you are, very very
s this a database

send me the linl please
is this a database

send me the linl please
Data is power, that's why I am here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Threat intel firm Cyble extorts data breach victims like ransomware gangs do crockett 7 280 Yesterday at 04:37 PM
Last Post: JimmyFellan
Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia Fall Victim to Latest Data Breach Exposing Millions JamminK3tchup 1 459 November 16, 2020 at 03:34 PM
Last Post: micko05
Blackbaud data breach impacts Yale-New Haven Hospital davz 0 489 November 01, 2020 at 06:10 PM
Last Post: davz