Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bcrypt hashes?
Hi Guys,

Anyone had any luck cracking Bcrypt hashes? I've heard it can be a little complicated and was wondering if anyone on here has been able to?

Thanks Biggrin
Well of course. It really depends on the number of rounds though. The hash will contain a number, N, and you have to do 2^N rounds to test one password. If this is something like 12 or above, it'll be quite slow. So you'll have to target a few interesting hashes, not all at once.
I honestly don't bother with BCrypt hashes. Give me some salted passwords, something hard but I see a BCrypt DB and nope out of there asap.
(11-22-2018, 08:19 AM)Sinon Wrote:  I honestly don't bother with BCrypt hashes. Give me some salted passwords, something hard but I see a BCrypt DB and nope out of there asap.

Too difficult?
Dehashing bcrypt isn't that difficult, it just takes way too long depending on your setup.
Unlike other hashing algorithms, Bcrypt is made to be dehashed with cpu instead of gpu. But for the average cpu nowadays, it just takes too long to dehash them.
Don't even start, you're going to waste your time and will accomplish nothing.
Had limited luck decrypting a couple Bcrypt hashes, used the Crackstation wordlist. Overall, they're too slow compared to MD5/SHA, and they're designed to be.

I agree with Sinon. When I see Bcrypt in a DB (*cough* Edmodo *cough*), I don't bother lol.
(11-28-2018, 12:24 AM)MISHE1986 Wrote:  Had limited luck decrypting a couple Bcrypt hashes, used the Crackstation wordlist. Overall, they're too slow compared to MD5/SHA, and they're designed to be.

I agree with Sinon. When I see Bcrypt in a DB (*cough* Edmodo *cough*), I don't bother lol.

That's a damn shame. I have 2 hashes that I really need to figure out

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEED DECRYPTER FOR HASHES Icey Version 22 2,524 06-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Last Post: STARTEXMISLEAD