BUYING Looking for broken decryptor help or wlakthrough
by orwell1984 - February 14, 2021 at 08:00 PM
Hi, I'm looking for help solving broken decryptor or walkthrough. I can buy or give credits or maybe trade if i have something you want.
The OTP has omitted 1 specific byte that will never allow a plaintext byte to encrypt to itself, you can utilize this to attack :-)
(February 15, 2021 at 10:48 AM)thebigbad Wrote: The OTP has omitted 1 specific byte that will never allow a plaintext byte to encrypt to itself, you can utilize this to attack :-)

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it although I'm not sure how to leverage that...
(February 15, 2021 at 10:48 AM)thebigbad Wrote: The OTP has omitted 1 specific byte that will never allow a plaintext byte to encrypt to itself, you can utilize this to attack :-)

it's a type attack bitflip attack?
If the OTP can never contain a null byte, that means that the plaintext can never be encrypted to itself.

So you want to keep requesting the flag, and keep a count of which bytes you see for each position, until you have seen all but 1 byte for each position. You do the same by encrypting a lot of 00's.

It will take like 10k requests, but then you have the key and the encrypted flag, since the AES mode is basically a stream cipher you can just XOR those two.
(February 16, 2021 at 11:08 AM)thebigbad Wrote: If the OTP can never containĀ  a null byte, that means that the plaintext can never be encrypted to itself.

So you want to keep requesting the flag, and keep a count of which bytes you see for each position, until you have seen all but 1 byte for each position. You do the same by encrypting a lot of 00's.

It will take like 10k requests, but then you have the key and the encrypted flag, since the AES mode is basically a stream cipher you can just XOR those two.

Thank you so much, finally got it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
SELLING HTB Crypto Challenge Broken Decryptor Script Consigliere 2 510 Today at 03:10 AM
Last Post: Consigliere
FLAG Broken Decryptor anonymus-10 0 225 May 10, 2021 at 03:33 AM
Last Post: anonymus-10
TRADING Rookie Mistake & Broken Decryptor Sociopath 0 123 May 09, 2021 at 01:16 PM
Last Post: Sociopath