BUN BREXIT FAM
by tombest77 - 03-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Poll: BUN BREXIT?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
100.00%
1 100.00%
NA G
0%
0 0%
* You voted for this item. Total 1 vote(s) 100%

Brexit is just a long ting in all honesty now mate. Like regardless of the referendum I really think brexit deals should've been negotitated beforehand then we do the referendum based on the deals we were given.
(03-16-2019, 11:24 PM)tombest77 Wrote: Brexit is just a long ting in all honesty now mate. Like regardless of the referendum I really think brexit deals should've been negotitated beforehand then we do the referendum based on the deals we were given.

yeah and then the EU negotiators are like fuck off lol

EU negotiators have zero incentives to give the UK what it wants. A no-deal brexit means that the EU has all the power in the negotiations.
The thing is, if the EU gave the UK favourable terms, it would undermine the entire European project and potentially lead to more members jumping ship. I don't think the EU wants to completely screw the UK, but they definitely have to ensure that they're worse out than they were in. This idea that the UK could dictate terms to the EU was always a complete fantasy.
It's been interesting to see how the fight for brexit has become more uphill throughout the past few years. First the stepping down of prominent torries like David Cameron and Nigel Farage has impacted the inertia that the movement once had.
The recent protests both online through polls and in real life just a couple days ago show that enacting article 50 is much easier said than done. The boarder issues with Gibraltar and Ireland also still haven't been conclusively answered, May really was given the short end of the stick having to represent something that she personally doesn't believe after Cameron dipped.