Advertisements:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asik's Moderator Application.
Thumbsup 
Have you fulfilled the listed requirements?

No not exacly, i've been warned banned and alot of other stuff that im no not proud of, but i wanna change that, i wanna help out so please accept me k thanks.

Who are you, what do you do, and how did you find our site?
Im AsikPro, im a programmer and gamer and stuff like that,youtube. Also, Hello Raidforums staff, community, and upper management! Before I begin, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read my moderator application. I tried to take my time with this, so I hope you enjoy! If you have any ideas on how I could better myself for the sake of the community, please provide this information in a reply. Thanks again!

Do you have previous moderating experience?
I've done my fair share of moderating. I guess that I really wasn't interested in becoming staff anywhere, until I joined a small, forum that I can share the name of with you later. I never applied for staff there, as it was active right up until I was interested in it. Instead of becoming staff, I worked to become better known there, and help users who were struggling. Now, this was quite a while ago, as the forum's purpose was for a minecraft modified client. I was never really into the game, but more the community that it was built around. There were seas of 12 year olds wondering if it was possible to make a force op hack, but there were a few guys there who knew what the MCP was, and were okay. Now, this was the beginning of me going on a spree of moderation, administration, and ownership.

I was a developer for many minecraft servers. I wrote simple fix programs, and handled the current ones. Being a developer, in-game I had all of the responsibilities of an admin. Answering questions, helping new users, and administering punishment where needed. Although, I soon became rather bored with the game, as I had found new hobbies and different ways to get involved with communities. I then went on to moderate a few small gmod servers, but this didn't last very long. Games in general slowly became less and less entertaining, and I was moving towards forums and image boards. I started a forum of my own a while back, which I abandoned as I had to keep up with things outside of the internet. I still spend roughly 15 hours a day in various locations across the web, including Raidforums.

Moderation has always come naturally for me. I do not get drunk off of power, and have a firm standard to not abuse my position. I'm good at putting myself in others shoes, and starting there to figure out problems and their solutions. This has been helpful for all of my previous positions in moderation and administration.

Also, im a moderator on a very large gmod server named - ICE - 2.

What's the biggest thing you've learned since being on Raid Forums?
Well, i've learned that you can not trust anyone, but some people will help you, i've learned that ban evading isnt the good way to come back to a website you love, i've learned that even though everyone acts hard, there are their weak points, my weak point is... I'm FAT.

Why would you like to be a staff member on Raid Forums?
I applied for Raidforums because I can see some areas that have been neglected, and need to be better watched. There are different areas in the forums outside of the shoutbox that are still in dire need of moderation. There are diffidently staff members working to improve these sections, but they really need all the help that they can get. Many of the mods for RF are very focused on the shoutbox, but less interested in the forum section of our community. I'll be able to help out here, as well as keep the shoutbox under control.

There have also been situations in which there are few or no moderators online, and because of the amount of time I spend on the internet each day, I could help raise the number of active moderators. While I do currently dedicate all of the time I spend on the internet each day to Raidforums, having a position in staff would drive me to drastically increase the amount of time that I spend here.

Another thing that I have been seeing is problems with dispute between members. This could include, but is not limited to, blame for failed raids, insults based on status at Raidforums, insults to programming knowledge (such as calling each other, "skids") and various other arguments. Because of the ability I possess to see where a user is coming from, I am adept at settling these disputes, and preventing inter-forum doxing and the like.

One last thing I'd like to add, is that I am very enthusiastic about Raidforums in general. I've used this community as an escape from different happenings in my life, and that I would love to be able to give back to this community in a way that I enjoy. As a moderator, I would do my best to keep tensions low, and suppress shitposting where it shouldn't be.

What would you gain from being a staff member?
Well first of all i think i would gain experience, and i would gain in respect i am quite respected by some members but i think if i get mod i could gain more respect.

What would the community gain from you being staff member?
Well the community would really gain in activity, new mod = more activity, also as i have no life i can be online alot more so i can moderate more.

What's your favorite section on the site?
Well, first is ShoutBox , second i have the Drugs Section and third i have the tutorial section.

If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?
Well, thread related i can moderate everything i like everything so i can do anything.

Note: Regarding my previous bans I would like to apologize from the bottom of the heart for my foolish actions

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart KeyScore Moderator Application xKeyScore 5 607 01-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Last Post: CheeseBoy
  Moderator application BrapBrap1337 4 528 01-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sem
  Dank Moderator Application ThePancake 5 548 12-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Mimi
Sport Moderator applicator Vanissery 2 312 12-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Last Post: CheeseBoy
  My Re-Application (Sorry Muinu) Revived 6 404 12-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Mimi