Advertisements:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Way to Make Windows Un-bootable!
Brick 
[Image: sad-at-computer.jpg]

Hello Everyone!
Today I'm going to show you another possible way to make a (windows) computer un-bootable!
Basically, by changing flags on hard-drive partitions, you can make it so the computer won't recognize the OS!

How?
[Image: lP72gAD.png]
This image is of the disk management application on windows. The partition, System, is my OS since it came pre-installed on my PC. It is marked active because it contains the loader for windows. My C: Drive, however, does not contain a loader for an OS. Marking it as active (Which i did on accident once) Will make the system unbootable (rightclick>mark as active). If a raid victim has there OS loader on  the C: drive (may be the case in some cases), you can mess around with partition sizes to destroy there system  :D . Another option is getting the victim to download Gparted and mess with partitions there.

[Image: boot_problem_operating_system_not_found.png]

Why?

+Pros
  1. System32 method is overstaurated
  2. more options to fuck around with
  3. Looks pretty legit

-Cons
  1. Admin needed
  2. Long loading times
  3. Extra effort needed
  4. Can be fixed by using Gparted on a live boot (has its own liveCD, ubuntu and Kali 2.0 have it pre-installed) or by running cmd in a repair disk but whatever mane

Thanks For Viewing my (First) Thread!

Bonus story: I was trying to make an extra partition for a linux dual-boot. I was having some problems so on this forum some guy said that if you mark your C drive as active it will work. Lets just say I nearly shat my pants that night.

P.S. : Writing this ar 4:37 am. I had the idea and decided to write this kek.

Gparted Website

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Disable Windows 10 Telemetry NTAUTHORITY 7 363 08-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Paradise
  [Guide] Make Easy Money Online With Barely any Effort slayerr008 6 242 08-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Paradise
  [Guide] Make Easy Money Online With Barely any Effort slayerr008 1 139 08-14-2017, 10:22 AM
Last Post: slayerr008
Star [VIP METHOD] How to Make $1000 Monthly on Autopilot with Apps Hero121 1 213 08-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: SEToolkit4lyfe
  [Guide] Autopilot Method to make easy 200$ daily without working hard! slayerr008 1 177 08-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: paplee