Animes based on depression/suicide/poor mental health?
by Vlad999 - November 15, 2020 at 07:06 AM
I suppose the thread subject says all.

I want something so sad that when it ends I'm going to contemplate jumping off a bridge. (jk) kinda. but also something relatable to those who suffer with poor mental health.

thanks in advance weebs Heart
Ghost Hound. a favorite of mine.
it revolves around the main character experiencing PTSD like symptoms and going through EMDR. alongside other characters who experience the same symptoms, but are not going through therapy. it's quite short. but i recommend it heavily due to the plot, very creative.
1. Erased
2. A Silent Voice
3. Grave of the Fireflies
4. Anohana
5. Your Lie in April
I don't know if these were what you wanted, so I made a relatively small list this time. If you want more, let me know.
Perfect Blue was quite a shocking interpretation of mental health, both from a superstar and a superfans point of view.
Love Code geass you can watch then
Your Lie in April
Fits your exact description. You'll be crying by the end.
Psycho-pass was a good one. Not exactly based on depression but you'll see what I mean if you watch it. Definitely has that mental health vibe.
guess it is not exactly what you are looking for, but you can give a try to Madoka Magica
it is quite depressing
The best works are those that address this type of content in your post, Shingeki no Kyojin, Death Note, these 2 was what surprised me the most
Please don't mention Your Lie in April. I have PTSD from that show.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
animes to start watching? sc00p3 34 1,164 November 05, 2020 at 12:21 AM
Last Post: Zelley
Any New 2020 Sword Animes? StupidCracker2020 10 622 November 01, 2020 at 10:50 PM
Last Post: saccularius
Need good animes to watch 2020 CaughtCheating 5 372 September 16, 2020 at 02:09 PM
Last Post: TheCode