AMD Chipset Driver Memory Leak
by Fidel Castro - September 21, 2021 at 10:44 PM
A company named "ZeroPeril" has discovered two issues inside the amdpsp.sys (v4.13.0.0) kernel driver module that ships with the AMD Chipset Drivers package for multiple AMD chipsets. The first issue is an information disclosure type security vulnerability and the second is a memory leak type bug due to insufficient releasing of all associated allocated resources upon request. I have pulled this information from PS, I then looked into the vulnerabilities deeper and the chipsets that are affected are:

• B350
• A320
• X370
• X399
• B450
• X470
• X570
• B550
• A520
• TRX40
• WRX80

The first issue is an information disclosure vulnerability and the second is a memory leak bug due to "insufficient releasing of all associated allocated resources upon request". The full report can be seen at the link below. It's an interesting read, enough to deserve being posted but nothing mind blowing, if you understand assembly and how data is pushed and popped from the stack then you'll see how the memory leak occurred. I hope someone finds this interesting.

Link to report:

https://zeroperil.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...Report.pdf

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Driver installer mehidhassan 0 655 January 24, 2019 at 02:23 AM
Last Post: mehidhassan
How long have you been on RF and what's your best memory(s)? KaiHentaiGuy 1 1,231 June 28, 2018 at 02:28 PM
Last Post: Derek2Icy