2FA for posting threads
by AgainstTheWest - November 23, 2021 at 10:00 PM
On the grounds of security, we think that having a 2FA requirement to post a thread to become an optional feature.
Example: To post a thread, you'll need to confirm a code sent to your phone. It would help out a lot if an account was compromised.
That would be a pretty good idea I think Smile
you'll need to confirm a code *sent to your phone.*

Worst idea ever
no i cant agree with the proposal
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Attempted Scamming
(November 23, 2021 at 10:00 PM)AgainstTheWest Wrote: On the grounds of security, we think that having a 2FA requirement to post a thread to become an optional feature.
Example: To post a thread, you'll need to confirm a code sent to your phone. It would help out a lot if an account was compromised.

It's not a good idea, maybe everyone stays away from this forum...
(November 23, 2021 at 10:06 PM)femboy95 Wrote: you'll need to confirm a code *sent to your phone.*

Worst idea ever
Could be an opt in thing, through a third party auth service like google authenticator, Authy, Aegis. Dosnt need to be SMS, RF wont have to know your #.
the only potential problem i really see is the service blocking RF.
(November 24, 2021 at 03:51 AM)Spore Wrote:
(November 23, 2021 at 10:06 PM)femboy95 Wrote: you'll need to confirm a code *sent to your phone.*

Worst idea ever
Could be an opt in thing, through a third party auth service like google authenticator, Authy, Aegis. Dosnt need to be SMS, RF wont have to know your #.
the only potential problem i really see is the service blocking RF.
I meant it as just through google auth etc. No phone number needed.
There is already 2FA for login measure.
I think that would be a pain to use it also when posting a thread...also active people like you ATW would need it like 15 times per day Wink
Use strong passwords, 2FA, avoid simswappers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Add "Posting Etiquette" to default report reason. kith 0 1,128 July 29, 2021 at 02:04 PM
Last Post: kith
restrict public access to raidforum threads Argand Plane 6 1,812 May 13, 2021 at 02:06 AM
Last Post: AjtheDaddy
Limit who can post threads in "Cracking Tools" section. pompompurin 17 4,135 April 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM
Last Post: Awesome735