Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16GB, 3 high quality wordlists for cracking
This will be the only set of wordlists you need for cracking  Biggrin

There are 4 files in total: 

passwords.txt - This file you can run straight through hashcat without any rules or modifications, but of course you can add your own if you'd like to. This list is the combination of all found/cracked passwords from hashes.org's yearly archives (including 2018) with duplicates removed. If a password has been cracked in any previously leaked DB, there is a 90% chance it's in this file. For fast hashes like md5, vbulletin, sha1, etc this is always my default wordlist. 

append 1k.rule - This is a rule which will be helpful for the next 2 wordlists, it is a rule to be used for hashcat and will add 1, 2, 3, 4, 5......998, 999, 1000 to the end of a wordlist for the purposes of cracking. As you can imagine maybe the password "m0nkey" has already been cracked before and is in one of the existing wordlists, but the password you're trying to crack is "m0nkey335". If that exact word isn't in your wordlist, you will never find it, but by adding this rule to hashcat you will crack the password. 

words + append rule.txt - This is a 10gb file, it's a list of words created from passwords.txt, with the numbers at the end of passwords removed. For example, if passwords.txt contained the following:

p4ssword123
bluepass567
guess4me1234567

Then in this wordlist, they will appear like this: 

p4ssword
bluepass
guess4me

This will allow you to use the append 1k rule as a way of greatly increasing the scope of your cracking dictionary.

linkedin words + append rule.txt - Exactly the same as above, except it only uses words that were cracked from the linkedin database leak. The reason for using this particular DB is because it's recent, large, contained more sophisticated passwords than rockyou.txt, and was a priority target for crackers that has been 92% cracked. It contains less passwords but this database is ideal to use for slower hashes like phpass where the passwords.txt file could require 10+ days to complete with the append.rule file. 

Hidden Content:
You must register or login to view this content.
Dude I hate to rain on your party,, but if the "append rule" is all anyone uses they will get an incredibly low crack rate,,, also this rule is already built into virtually every other major rule, including the ones which come with hashcat.

Plus why would anyone want to use a giant wordlist which takes the append rule and adds it to the wordlist?? The whole point of rules is so you use a smaller wordlist and manipulate it on the fly!!
(11-22-2018, 12:43 AM)Ashfanino Wrote:  Dude I hate to rain on your party,, but if the "append rule" is all anyone uses they will get an incredibly low crack rate,,, also this rule is already built into virtually every other major rule, including the ones which come with hashcat.

Plus why would anyone want to use a giant wordlist which takes the append rule and adds it to the wordlist?? The whole point of rules is so you use a smaller wordlist and manipulate it on the fly!!

It's more useful for attacking specific hashes rather than mass cracking a big list to dig for spotify passwords, and i'm sure other people use their own rules for targeting specific hashes it's just a very common password pattern (word+digits) so it made sense to make a dedicated rule towards that format. Yes the default hashcat rules can also add numbers, but most don't add more than 50-100 and they do a bunch of other stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [30GB+] 1-2 Billion Lines of emails Based For Minecraft UFA Cracking snyd123online 2 791 08-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Fiolet5000
  [4k] Mile-High.co.uk rectof 0 280 07-02-2018, 02:51 AM
Last Post: rectof
  75 High Quality Minecraft Databases nikolassparrow 10 1,671 05-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: cassellplayz
  High School Info KaBob 9 1,971 01-24-2018, 04:01 AM
Last Post: GigaBytus