1.2 billion user breach being teased - any ideas what it is?
by n0iseg - November 21, 2019 at 12:46 PM
(November 22, 2019 at 02:21 PM)n0iseg Wrote: Story is in:  https://www.wired.com/story/billion-reco...ed-online/

scrape of linkedin, facebook, twitter and github pulling together a huge list of email addresses and other info, but does not include passwords, credit card details or social security numbers.
i laught so hard when i read
i was 100% right on all

no pw, jus scrape info from other place
even say he find with shodan

i mean i gonna put data on server and add facebook url, twitter url so article say data from facebook and twitter
(November 22, 2019 at 05:29 PM)SlavCon Wrote:
(November 22, 2019 at 02:21 PM)n0iseg Wrote: Story is in:  https://www.wired.com/story/billion-reco...ed-online/

scrape of linkedin, facebook, twitter and github pulling together a huge list of email addresses and other info, but does not include passwords, credit card details or social security numbers.
i laught so hard when i read
i was 100% right on all

no pw, jus scrape info from other place
even say he find with shodan

i mean i gonna put data on server and add facebook url, twitter url so article say data from facebook and twitter

Yeah you were 100% right on this. Good call. I still would love to get social media accounts, with email and cell phone its linked too. Sounds like other than haveIbeenPwned notifying email address people this data will never see the light of day. I've noticed legit security researchers are now making sure the insecure AWS buckets get taken down before announcing :(
Anyone got a copy of that?
Or the torrent/torrents links
I think the data is useless. Just scrap data without any passwords.
I do not think it is useless
PDL data is publicly available
Oxydata is not and therefore I would like to see the combined DB there though reading the story of the discovery and the fast pull out here I doubt it will be wider circulated.
Another breach, one more...
I assume we will never see the data here. The story says it was found on an open storage system using shodon. I imagine it was hoovered, given to troy and then they waited for the issue to be cleared up before they went to press.

(November 26, 2019 at 09:14 AM)Merowig Wrote: I do not think it is useless
PDL data is publicly available
Oxydata is not and therefore I would like to see the combined DB there though reading the story of the discovery and the fast pull out here I doubt it will be wider circulated.

I read it was all aggregated from public sources like twitter and linkedin.  What is in the oxydata that is interesting?
You have to pay for Oxydata - I am just curious. PDL is basically scrapped Linkedin as far as I can see.
It is scraped data form various sites, not data breach. But still 1.2 TB could be very interesting for anyone who collects data such names, phone numbers and addresses.
We are waiting it to get in public, thanks for the topic.
Actually, Is it really real ?????

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Being forced to get Covid Vaccine nightsh3ll 14 3,486 September 18, 2021 at 08:18 PM
Last Post: najsvan128
Them being (((them))) foxing 4 811 July 19, 2021 at 11:54 PM
Last Post: seanya
WD My Book NAS devices are being remotely wiped clean worldwide Baba_Yaga 4 961 July 01, 2021 at 02:57 PM
Last Post: whatisthis123