1.2 billion user breach being teased - any ideas what it is?
by n0iseg - November 21, 2019 at 12:46 PM
My twitter is full of "teases" about a new 1.2 billion row data breach that is going to be announced on Friday.

Clues are:

-Its not the medical imaging breach announced yesterday
-Its not the Indian Aadhar database
-Its a global breach not isolated to a single country or region.

There is a lot of hate for the fact is being teased and no info available on why.  However, it has been verified by a couple of security researchers.

Suspect Troy will have it......

Does anyone have any ideas what this is, and where it can be located?
if troy has it then i sure is jus 1.2 billion emails from other breaches put tog with some names and shi and he will say big breach look at me
(November 21, 2019 at 05:02 PM)SlavCon Wrote: if troy has it then i sure is jus 1.2 billion emails from other breaches put tog with some names and shi and he will say big breach look at me

Lol maybe.  The twitter thread has Bob DIachenko in it, and he claims to have verified it.  I quote "Confirmed.  Everyone is affected.  or you are not on the Internet"

Latest is the report on this will be released tomorrow.
Anyone got a copy?  Wink
(November 21, 2019 at 05:02 PM)SlavCon Wrote: if troy has it then i sure is jus 1.2 billion emails from other breaches put tog with some names and shi and he will say big breach look at me
Lol doubt. There's a good chance it's unique and it'll be interesting to see where it's come from
I think that this is just fake news or site,what got hacked,got paid ransom to not exposing leak.Otherwise i can not see reason,why they don´t tell name of this site.
I assume publication is delayed in order to give time to the affected website to fix it
Isn't the delay just a way to build hype. Make sure everyone pays attention to an announcement that's probably not that big woop?

Secretly I hope it's a facebook credentials leak from several years ago. But i know there's a phat chances.
(November 22, 2019 at 01:25 AM)sloppyfork Wrote: Isn't the delay just a way to build hype. Make sure everyone pays attention to an announcement that's probably not that big woop?

Secretly I hope it's a facebook credentials leak from several years ago. But i know there's a phat chances.

i don know bout cred leak but is not fb db, that only 600m and troia dont have

I 100% guranteed that is the same leak as always for these guys
Some aws server not protect that he 'hack' with shodan
will not be from a 'website' but some spam thing that collect info on ppl
same shi every day

I swear, im gonna buy aws server upload my dbs then say I find unsecured server with ppl info, put emails on troy website and yes now Im security researcher

if im wrong someone pls give me user account of troia and I give him rep saying im sorry and i buy his book (biut i will buy book anyway)
(November 21, 2019 at 10:40 PM)Merowig Wrote: I assume publication is delayed in order to give time to the affected website to fix it

Or they have to tee up sending 1.2 billion breach notification emails to their users.....

I cant imagine that will be fast.
(November 22, 2019 at 08:11 AM)SlavCon Wrote:
(November 22, 2019 at 01:25 AM)sloppyfork Wrote: Isn't the delay just a way to build hype. Make sure everyone pays attention to an announcement that's probably not that big woop?

i don know bout cred leak but is not fb db, that only 600m and troia dont have

I 100% guranteed that is the same leak as always for these guys
Some aws server not protect that he 'hack' with shodan
will not be from a 'website' but some spam thing that collect info on ppl
same shi every day

I swear, im gonna buy aws server upload my dbs then say I find unsecured server with ppl info, put emails on troy website and yes now Im security researcher

if im wrong someone pls give me user account of troia and I give him rep saying im sorry and i buy his book (biut i will buy book anyway)

Yep i will buy his book as well (which i didnt know about until this week).
Story is in: https://www.wired.com/story/billion-reco...ed-online/

scrape of linkedin, facebook, twitter and github pulling together a huge list of email addresses and other info, but does not include passwords, credit card details or social security numbers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bitcoin Dying? or is what is being said speculative rhetoric? nnoster 3 220 4 hours ago
Last Post: machofan4
Being forced to get Covid Vaccine nightsh3ll 14 3,554 September 18, 2021 at 08:18 PM
Last Post: najsvan128
Them being (((them))) foxing 4 817 July 19, 2021 at 11:54 PM
Last Post: seanya