❗ ❗ ❗ Dubox or TeraBox Warning ❗ ❗ ❗
by takkar170 - April 25, 2021 at 03:47 AM
No Protonmail is not the only problem here, Dubox company comes from PopIn, which is a company owned by Baidu. Well, if you’re not aware, Baidu is a Chinese search engine. If we look over the Privacy Policy of Dubox, we can see that it collects an awful lot of its user’s information. It also collects all User Material. User Material is all the data (photos, videos, audios, files, documents, etc) that you upload here. They state that all the uploaded user material will be shared with 3rd party affiliate companies. Now, that’s really fucking risky. They have mentioned in their Privacy Policy that their data centers are in Hong Kong and China. All of their users’ data is stored on these servers. Which is bad since Chinese servers are trash and are very unsecure... If you dive deeper into the history of Baidu, you will come across Baidu Netdisk, a Cloud Storage launched in 2012 for Chinese users. Its strategy was to attract many users by offering 1 to 2 TB of free cloud storage with an unlimited upload and download. Fast forward to a few years later, they launched the paid plans of Netdisk and reduced the download speeds to just 50kbps. And then you would have to pay to get your data back... So i'm not really recommending you to use this, but your choice! (just a friendly warning)
I think its quite obvious not to trust a random Chinese company, especially as shady as Baidu, but thanks for the warning
(April 25, 2021 at 04:36 AM)pompompurin Wrote: I think its quite obvious not to trust a random Chinese company, especially as shady as Baidu, but thanks for the warning

Yeah but i have seen some ppl share the link to the site here on the forum, since it gives you a lot of free space. So ye u get the point
Thanks for the warning, It seems more common to avoid these companies from now on
(April 26, 2021 at 04:09 PM)ChunkButter Wrote: Thanks for the warning, It seems more common to avoid these companies from now on

No problem dude, stay safe! Biggrin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
WARNING TO ALL RAIDFORUMS USERS: Shoutbox is logged, don’t fuck up your opsec pompompurin 19 876 May 01, 2021 at 05:25 PM
Last Post: flyingbird87
WARNING: I am being impersonated on Telegram pompompurin 13 923 March 24, 2021 at 12:49 PM
Last Post: SunSinger-Adept
A Little Warning For New User From Indonesians Dimond 6 450 May 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM
Last Post: HassaMassa